What exactly does a System and Network Administrator do?
Our System and Network Administrators are responsible for the hosting infrastructure where we provide mobility solutions for our clients. They keep a close eye on infrastructure availability, security, and maintenance so that our clients can always depend on high system performance levels. In other words, they play a critical role in the customer satisfaction process.
In specific terms, their day-to-day tasks include organizing our IT infrastructure (Windows Server, Active Directory, Linux Server, VPN), plus configuring and managing virtualized environments (VMware), load balancers, and firewalls. Monitoring IT systems and documentation also form part of the System and Network Administrators’ role, along with the associated reports and records. System and Network Administrators are also responsible for designing, implementing, and standardizing new central services.
What’s the best thing about your work?
Are there any particular challenges associated with your job?
What's your team like?
Why do you enjoy working for your current company?
Why would you recommend EBF as an employer?
What qualifications and attributes does a System and Network Administrator need?
- They need an educational background in IT or a comparable qualification
- They must be reliable, quick on the uptake, and have a structured approach to work
- They should be very customer and service-oriented
- Experience in server and network administration (Windows and Linux Servers)
- They should ideally have some knowledge of FortiGate or Cisco firewall administration
- They need very good knowledge of German and good English skills