WWDC 2023 – new device management options for enterprises
On June 5, 2023, Apple held its 34th Worldwide Developers Conference (WWDC), which is highly anticipated every year. While userslook forward to the announcement of new features and new hardware, IT departments focus their attention on changes that will play a role in enterprise device management, make their workday easier, bring more security or enhance the user experience for employees.
This year, too, IT professionals were able to pay attention in many places:
- For example, it is becoming increasingly apparent that the device management we know today will probably be replaced by Declarative Device management in the future.
- ManagedApple IDs can now be used for new use cases.
- The “Return to Service” function allows a successful middle way for resetting devices.
- On iPhones and iPads, security can be enhanced as well as privacy.
- It’s getting easier to use Macs and iPads with multiple people.
- There are management options for Apple Watches for the first time.
- Apple is now moving into spatial computing with the announcement of the Apple Vision Pro.
In our whitepaper, we present changes that are particularly relevant for companies and highlight their opportunities and challenges.