A shortage of skilled workers is not uncommon in business, but the IT sector is undoubtedly one of the worse affected areas. According to research carried out by the Bitkom digital association, the industry now needs 55,000 more IT experts to meet demand. Nor is there any likelihood of the situation improving any time soon, as advances in digitalization mean that more jobs are set to be created in the sector. Industry 4.0, the Internet of Things, big data, cloud computing, cyber security, enterprise mobility – companies are desperate to recruit qualified experts to address all of these challenges. Which may explain why existing specialists in the sector are drowning in job offers. So, our question is: what makes working in the IT sector so attractive, and why is there such a shortage of specialists?
IT experts hold the future in their hands
- Lucrative and secure. Not only are jobs in the world of IT well paid, they are also very secure. The huge gulf between supply and demand means that IT experts are usually in the lucky position of being able to choose the employer of their dreams and to name their price in the bargain. The fact that demand is likely to continue to grow as a result of digitalization, which is gradually creeping into every aspect of our daily life, also means that qualified IT experts can look forward to a golden age ahead.
- Stimulating. New technologies require new skills. Job requirements and tasks in the IT sector are constantly changing with the introduction of new technologies, leading to ever-changing or even brand-new job descriptions. Which means that life is never dull if you’re an IT expert. You need to keep your finger on the pulse and always stay up to date with the latest developments, making for stimulating and varied working days.
- Varied. If you think that IT just means binary numbers, you can think again! IT experts don’t spend their whole time looking at source codes. Depending on their individual job description, they may also spend time in customer meetings, assisting colleagues, leading training sessions, working with technical departments, drawing up new concepts, or managing projects. And last but not least, there are technical details to be investigated and innovative solutions to be found for tricky problems.
- Influential and forward-thinking. IT experts play a vital role in the success of any company. They have a huge role in driving through digitalization, optimizing processes, and improving the customer experience. This is why they are so important to the company – and valued accordingly.
Why is there such a shortage of IT experts?
Exciting career opportunities await you at EBF
EBF develops solutions for complex challenges in the enterprise mobility sector, making a significant contribution to futureproofing the prospects of companies across the spectrum. We are constantly on the lookout for new talent so that we can maintain our position as leading players in innovation and technology in the years to come.
As an employer, we can offer you the following key benefits:
- We have retained our start-up mindset since we started out 25 years ago. We are still keen to offer a transparent and honest corporate culture with short decision-making processes and plenty of scope for new ideas and innovative thinking.
- We attach great value to individual development and further training, helping all our colleagues to constantly extend their skillset and obtain relevant qualifications. In return, this means that you are constantly at the top of your game, with the certificates to prove it.
- We can offer exciting projects for well-known clients from a wide range of fields – both local and global, from medium-sized companies right up to large groups. Our customers include 20 of the 30 DAX companies.
- We offer flexible working hours within our teams, ensuring an excellent work-life balance for our employees.
- We are an international team, with offices in Germany, the UK, and the USA. We can also guarantee an attractive working environment and a great set of colleagues.
Whether you’re an IT consultant or a developer, whether you work in sales or in support, we are sure to have the perfect exciting opportunity for you. We’d love to hear from career changers too: if you have an affinity for IT, you are in with a good chance of getting your foot in the door of the IT sector.